Mark Wales on 12-25-04 11:27 PM wrote:

>I was looking through a padded case where I keep all my RC electronics and
>came across a JR NER-627XZ 7 channel PCM receiver.
>
> On the side of the receiver there is a sticker that says "low band
> 72.010-72.510"  does that mean those are the only channels it can be used
> with?

I've seen that Great Planes ElectriFly Rx's split the frequency band into
two parts "Tuned to either Low band (11-35) or High band (36-60)."  which is
odd since these Rx's will automatically select the shift of the Tx.  (Course
since I'm no EE maybe it's not odd at all!)  Since I have two Tx's at
channels 46 and 21, this is a PIA.

My question is: do the current crop of JR Rx's split the R/C frequency band
in parts as does Mr. Wales JR NER-627XZ 7 channel PCM receiver?  Also do any
of them select the proper shift of the Tx in use?

--
Jim Holliman -- Tulsa, Oklahoma
AMA & TULSOAR