I agree that the slope forum is really nice. I go there when the wind blows from the one precise direction locally that permits slope flying (NNW) and I get eager to build a slope plane. But the the wind dies or switches direction and I go back to TD planes.

So just a shout out for the 'Sailplane Talk', which seems like a general sailplane related forum, much like RCSE, and then there is 'Thermal Talk', which is mostly beginners talking about recent builds. But like I said to Mr. Bacus, I am seeing some "household names" showing up in both forums. The threads on the Allegro-Lite builds are excellent. The new group for technical detail seems to be the Composites & Fabrication forum... Mr. Barnes and Mr. Drela are frequent contributors also.

Too bad they are down for maintenance right now. I have been getting a half-hearted fix by visiting the ad-infested RCUniverse.

Brian Courtice wrote:
My own primary soaring interest is slope. The slope forum on R/C Groups
is hands down the best on the net. Lot's of new posts everyday, with
detailed build threads, construction techniques, photos, videos, site
information, etc.

There are more pictures and fresh slope related content posted on R/C
Groups in a few days than there is in all of the combined R/C printed
magazines in a year.

The HLG forum is also very good, as is the composites forum. For those
into electrics, there are also some very nice electric's forums.

It's a terrific resource. It's also been down for two days, and I'm
jonesing!