Even more amazing, I not only beat Gordy but I won today!

Rudy was deadly today!

I hung out at the top or top three by a couple of points today for all the rounds, but the final round was a 15 min and the air went pretty stale. I was on winch #1 and decided to go for my own air instead of covering the pack...

I came off the line and immediatley turned and burned down wind where I was sure there would be fabulous air which would end up crushing the rest  of the guys, but boy was I surprised to find myself immediately at about 100' and scratching...scratching for over 12mins.

I worked a fart from TJ (current LSF Pres, or at least I think it was from his vicinity) across the field while everyone one else sucked on each other's air....I got so far down and away that my Pike was barely visible and not much higher than the treetops...

Needless to say it was time to try to limp back to the landing spot, and I did, nearly taking off the heads of most of the pilots and landing thru the backside of the landing area for about 80points, well that is if it counted :-)

Rudy?  He just plain out flew us. Congrats, and good luck tomorrow, I'll be on my way to Denver for the F3J in the Rockies thing this coming weekend.
A good time had by all, and wood to boot!
Big atta boy to Ed Wilson who has been in a dry spell for about 15 years wood wize in Unlimited...he beat me too :-)
And congrats to one of our newbies....who managed an average of 2:50mins each round of 10, but when faced with a 15, got his Spirit Elite together and his thumb working for 15mins and a 44 landing, to finish off his flight time LSF tasks for LSF2!

Gordy