I go to WalMart and buy the newest high capacity AA cells that they are offering. I have always found that the first charging has to be slow but after that I recharge at 1 amp. I am using these in a 6 servo glider and have found that I usually use about 600 ma during an evening of flying. The Rx drain fairly closely matches the Tx drain of the Evo. This of course only answers half your question since you wanted cells for smaller planes too.

Rick
Richard Hallett Pittsfield ME

Dave Brombaugh wrote:

Where do you like to buy your batteries for both the 3M sized planes,
but also for DLG's?

In my specific instance, I'm looking for a good place to buy 1/3AA
cells, where I'll make up the packs myself (two Encores in the building
table).

I have found a particular cell that I want from batteriesamerica.com
(AP-350AAH), and I can get them from there, but I'm curious where you
all like to shop for batteries.

I'll likely get my next 3M-sized battery pack from the same place, which
is why I'm making this into a more general question.

Thanks again in advance, all!
-       Dave