Just an FYI,

Full scale (powered) aircraft have relatively low altitude limits (with respect to the altitudes our gliders can and often fly at). For those of you who may not know, those altitude restrictions are as follows:

In the airport traffic pattern (normally out to as far as 5 miles from the airport):

Piston aircraft: 800' AGL
Turbine powered: 1500' AGL

Cruise flight:
Over populated areas: 1500' AGL minimum
Over non or sparsely populated areas: 500' AGL vertically and horizontally from any object or person on the surface.

As you can see, it is easy for our models to be a collision hazard for low flying aircraft, especially near an airport and especially in remote areas (Visalia, for example)!

Keith McLellan RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format