Imagine Hollandglide that is on a airfield with concrete and roads. Then have fairly good speed and touch the ground with the hook or tail before the tone. It was done last year. Dont know if they did rule changes this year (just implent a "local rule"). Might have to use a bit of kick-flap... Do it on grass and it is even more a risky thing.... Then again is the antenna a "part of the plane"? Personally NO. Hollandglide is the biggest F3J comp with 136 comp... This year the conditions were good and Mustafa was out of the finals loosing only 24 points!!!!

Then again most F3J comps are not that much about those few thousands of a second. It is a case when there are many competitors and few rounds with throwout.

Hilsen (Regards) Jojo
www.grini.no

At the US F3J team selections held last weekend in Denver, I heard for the
first time, of a "special" landing technique that involves touching the ship's
tail to the ground first to stop the clock, then flying on for a precision
landing; presumably after the working time has ended!

I was going to ask about this of some of the present pilots, but in the
"rush" of scoring I forgot!

So, if anyone has seen this, or better yet, can direct me to a video showing
this technique, so I can get details, I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Tony O'Hara

RMSA