I've looked through the history and tried a lot of things but can't quite get
this to work.

Used this in my last attempt:

    <fieldType name="lowercase" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

What I'm looking to do is allow user's to execute case insensitive searches,
which this does.  "BLaH" should return all the "Blah"s.  However, what this
also seems to do is render the values lowercased when I do faceted or stats
queries, or if I do a terms search.  Always returned as "blah".

Is there any way to only ever get the original value out of Solr no matter
how I ask for it?