286 people regain sight in Jonglei state
JUBA 21 January 2013 (NASS) - About two hundred and eighty six (286)
people in Duk County of Jonglei state have fully regained their sight
from complete blindness after treatment by professional doctors
brought from the United States of America through the support from
Ambassadors Group.


This was announced last Friday by the chairperson of the Ambassadors
Group, Mr.Dhieu Deng Leak after a short meeting with the minister for
Information and Broadcasting, Dr Barnaba Marial Benjamin. He said this
is for the second time this has been done. He explained that last year
they treated about three hundred in the counties of Jonglei.


Ambassadors Group comprises of South Sudanese Diaspora from across
Jonglei state based in the United States of America. Mr. Leak said the
treatment initiative is a form of peace dividend program which is part
of their program to support peace and stability in Jonglei state. He
explained that this is just a small fraction of their project to
disarm the hearts of all tribes to bring peace in Jonglei state and.
He reported that the program will continue for the period of five
years.


Reported by Martin Jada Gabriel, News Agency of South Sudan (NASS)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"South Sudan Info - The Kob" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to