Hello Spacewalkers,

I just completed an incremental upgrade of Spacewalk from 1.2 to 1.5. For the
1.3 upgrade, I followed the instructions and upgraded to the instantclient 11g
RPMs. After doing so, I've found that my oracle 10g database now has
startup/shutdown issues due to sqlplus library conflicts.

My server now has 11g client libs in /usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/lib along
with the 10g libs in /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/xe/lib. The oracle
start scripts is all confused now and fails to start and stop the database. Has
anyone run into this problem and has a fix for it?

I've made sure that PATH is set correctly for the oracle use so that it finds
the correct sqlplus binary in the /opt/oracle.. directory but that's not good
enough. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to
/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/xe/lib and that doesn't seem to help as
well. If I temporarily rename the /usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/lib dir, oracle
starts up ok. So how do I deal with the library conflicts?

Cheers,
--james