Hi WG/authors,

I have to point out that the VTN-ID in draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn is
actually the AII in draft-peng-teas-network-slicing, just a new name. That can
be seen from the evolution of the historical versions of the these two drafts.

I draw your attention to draft draft-peng-teas-network-slicing which analyzes
in detail the reasons for the introduction of slice identifier (AII) in the
network, and maintains the resource partition of each slice and the allocation
of SID per AII in the network. All this happened before
draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn.

In addition, the idea that multiple slices share the same virtual topology
(such as flex-algo) is also copied from draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet, which can
significantly reduce the state in the network, especially without maintaining
SPT per slice, which means that multiple SIDs per slice can share the
forwarding action of SPT per VN and at the same time can do resource guarantee
by SID per slice (or slice-id in packet).

Thus, from a purely technical point of view, I see no reason for this document
to be adopted.

Regards,

PSF

原始邮件