Reza

If they have lights, you can bet they certainly have some vents, otherwise
it will get way too hot inside those vitrines. for the contents.
If they have vents, your problem is solved.
If they don't have vents, maybe the electrical/lighting engineer should
have recommended them before you do.

Cheers

Jack C Kilavuz

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail!

             Reza Esmaeili
             <rezaesmaeili200@
             yahoo.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
             sprinklerforum-bo                                          cc
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             er.org                                                Subject
                                       Re: Museum Fire Protection

             06/10/2007 06:55
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              resprinkler.org

THIS MESSAGE ORIGINATED ON THE INTERNET - Please read the detailed
disclaimer below.

Geir,
  It is a real pleasure to know you as a person who has done a great deal
on hypoxic air venting, I agree that this is the best solution when
evacuation routes are insufficent.
  I have two questions about this system, first, while hypoxic air can't
penetrate enough into vitrines, so what about fire protection inside
vitrines? There are some lamps inside each vitrines which may cause fire,
and hypoxic air concentration inside the vitrines is not enough to prevent
fire ignition. On the other hand, it is not possible to transfer the
hypoxic air inside the vitrines, so what kind of fire protection system I
should consider for inside vitrines?
  My second question is that I agree that there is no health risk to stay
in low oxygen rooms for some hours, but how does it feel to stay in low
oxygen rooms for a few hours a day over a longer period like museum staff?
  Thanks for your kind attention,
  Reza

Geir Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      Reza

  I followed the thread on the sprinkler forum.

  Please allow me to forward related article and report you may want to
check.

  By the way, are also responsible for the European study of manual
extingsihsrs that Stewart linked to and for the European report on Water
Mist for Heritage applications.

  Several museums now apply or plan to apply hypoxic air venting in favour
of FM 200 and similar options, including the Smithsonians First Flag (Star
Spangled Banner) Museum in Washington, British Library London, Library of
Oxford, Historical Museum Oslo, Schloss Schonbrunn Vienna.

  While viable, you may not want to apply hypoxic in prevention mode (24/7)
in public areas/exhibitions to avoid responding to all the questions, but
it is the best solution when evacuation routes are insufficent: Hypoxic air
does not allow any fire to start in the first place, so evacaution (if at
all required or for reasons other than fire) is carried out orderly without
a need to hurry.

  If you need more information, literature or links I may provide. Would
then appreciate information on your affiliation with your client -
sprinkler system vendor?

  Yours

      Geir Jensen

The following message has been automatically added by the mail gateway to
comply with a  Royal  &
SunAlliance IT Security requirement.

As this email arrived via the Internet you should be cautious about its
origin and content. Replies which
contain sensitive information or  legal/contractual obligations are
particularly vulnerable.  In these cases
you should not reply unless you are authorised to do so, and adequate
encryption is employed.

If you have any questions, please speak to your local desktop support team
or IT security contact.

Royal & Sun Alliance - Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission contains information that may be confidential and that
may also be privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient of the message
or authorised to receive it for the intended recipient) you may not copy,
forward, or otherwise use it, or disclose it or its contents to anyone else.
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
and delete it from your system.