OK. In the end, I wish to do web development. An explicit connection
sounds good if I were the only person using the system *but* I'd plan
on having more than several at any one time. I would like to pick up
good habits now. Would you suggest the best habit to pick up now is
simply closing my connections with close()?

By the way, the close() method is I would assume available to all
ClauseElements. When in doubt, should I close()?