Kumar,
look in this newsgroup for the subject "Simple Transactions" from
18.Jan.07:

http://groups.google.de/group/sqlalchemy/browse_thread/thread/d1db12261e712d2f/f81e0b0370f8f17a?lnk=gst&q=transactions&rnum=7#f81e0b0370f8f17a

It's not your question.
But maybe the discussed code is what you are looking for ?

Regards,
 Ruben

By the way, I suggest that an auto-generated doc at the SA page might
be good. It could have clearified how to obtain a transaction without
ORM.
 Of course, everybody can generate it by his own, and with his
preferred tool (I used epydoc,but there are more...)
Still it could come handy, e.g.by linking from the written docs into
the generated.