Jonathan Ellis wrote:

>On 2/16/07, jose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>>

>>>Guess it would surprise you to learn about the SQL 92 "ON DELETE SET
>>>NULL" functionality too. :)
>>>

>>Seems to me the SQL92 'ON DELETE SET NULL' is an explicit functionality,
>>instead in our case, SA does this functionality in implicit way. :-(
>>I hope there's a sort of configuration to disable this functionality.
>>

>Sure, set a NOT NULL constraint on the column you don't want to be
>null.  Which you should really be doing anyway. :)

No Jonathan, I don't want this column is set as NOT NULL, I have to
allow null values for this column and I don't want enable the "ON DELETE
SET NULL" functionality.
I would like SA have the same behavior as PostgreSQL has, I like the
message:

pg> delete from specie where codice='89';
ERROR:  update or delete on "specie" violates foreign key constraint
"attivita_cod_specie_fkey" on "attivita"
DETAIL:  Key (codice)=(89) is still referenced from table "attivita".

Is there another way to do that?

jo