Hi,

That doesn't work for me - it makes create_engine() hang for ages then
fail. I wonder if this is because without a port, the driver first tries
a named pipe connection. If you are keen to include this functionality,
you'll have to do a bit more ground work.

The other issue you mention, with CoInitialize(), I have hit as well. I
see this as an adodbapi bug, and unfortunately adodbapi is not
maintained any more. This issue and others pushed me to pyodbc, which is
working great.

Paul