On Apr 2, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Greg Copeland wrote:

> I must say, it's very strange to go to a product's website to find out
> I have to go elsewhere to find out the latest skinny...  Or that I
> have to download it to find out if I'm interested in it.  The last
> thing I want is to subscribe to yet more stuff.  If something is not
> broken, I don't want to know about new releases.  If on the other
> hand, something is broken, I'd love to be able to go to the package's
> website and rapidly determine if the problem has already been
> addressed.

what determines if software is "interesting" ?  is a download/
evaluation not usually part of the process ?   also, feel free to
familiarize with the site, theres the full changelog, the trac
timeline, the full list of open tickets, im not exactly sure why you
have so many problems with the site.  check out some other python
open source sites for comparison.  familiarizing oneself with the
development status and recent discussion/history of an open source
project is usually appropriate before blasting off several complaint-
oriented emails in a row.

also i wouldnt characterize sqlalchemy as a "product" - its an open
source project, built around a community of users and developers who
contribute freely, because they find the software useful and agree
with its philosophies.   involvement and self-motivation to
understand and help with issues are an integral part of being an open-
source user.  we arent selling anything here.