Hi Simon,

On 4/11/07, King Simon-NFHD78 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got no idea about the source of the problem, but it would probably
> be helpful if you could provide stack traces from the exceptions, if
> that's possible.

Do you mean using the traceback module ? I've just searched about it
and I guess I should use this:

try:
    # do my stuff
except:
    traceback.print_exc(file=sys.stdout)
    raise

Is this the best way to show the stack trace ?

> Other than that, I would have thought you should be able to track down
> the source of the 'global name' exception by grepping your source code
> for uses of 'anxnews_urllocal' without a '.' in front of it. Is it
> possible that you are doing something like this, for example:
>
>   query.select_by(anxnews_urllocal > 5)
>
> When you probably mean:
>
>   query.select_by(table.c.anxnews_urllocal > 5)

Man, you got it !!   :)

The only line of my simple code that have a "anxnews_urllocal" without
a preceding "." is here:

============
                if anexo.anxnews_tipof == Anexo.IMAGEM:
                    cronometro.start()
                    renamed, size = _gerar_thumbs(local, SIZE_WEB, SIZE_THUMB)
                    if renamed:
                        anexo.anxnews_urllocal =
posixpath.splitext(anxnews_urllocal)[0] + ".jpg"

This "renamed" condition is very rare... It only occurs when I'm
dealing with a BMP image...
And my log file confirms that.. I was manipulating a BMP image...  :D

So I'm changing "splitext(anxnews_urllocal)" to
"splitext(anexo.anxnews_urllocal)"

> Hope that helps,

It sure helped...

Thanks !