On Apr 23, 2007, at 11:08 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How do I access other table columns from the default function? If it
> is not possible, is there a work around for my situation?

we havent worked out this feature yet, which we get a few people
requesting now and then.  the framework for it is present in the
trunk, where the ExecutionContext that includes the whole statement +
bind params is available and we'd have to send that to default
execution functions somehow, although the signature for a default
executor function is zero arguments...not sure if wed want to use
inspection to pick up a single argument position there.

actually if we want to go with the above we might as well, i can lay
out the steps for this if someone wants to hammer it out quickly for
me...it involves adding ExecutionContext to the constructor of
sqlalchemy.engine.base.DefaultRunner, and just changing the
"defaultrunner" method signature everywhere to propigate that through.

but workarounds for now is to determine all the column values
beforehand, including your default function, then feed those in.