Hello,

I'm having trouble with the last_inserted_ids() function.  I'm running
an insert sql string as opposed to using the built in function.  I
thought I should be getting a resultproxy back and then I should be
able to apply the last_inserted_ids function to get back the inserted
id.  Why doesn't this work with insert sql strings and how can I get
it to work?  Is there a way I could access some sort of mysql
attribute through the connection object?

Thanks,

Sam.