Hi Alexandre,

On Aug 4, 2:33 am, Alexandre CONRAD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Boris,
>
> I might not be well waken up, but as I'm looking at your generated SA
> logs, it doesn't show that SA updates the row when the data has not
> changed. It only seems to update fields that have changed.

You are well woken up :-), I just probably did not make myself clear:
those logs are from example session that I interactively typed, and
sqlalchemy there worked as I expected. But in another real-world
program which I have written, it does not work - it updates even
values that have not changed.

Right now I discovered where the error is - it was on my part (at
least for a big part):
1. I was assigning Python-int value to a varchar(4) column (which
containts numbers as strings).
2. I was assigning Python-bool value (True,False) to a TINYINT(1)
column.

No 1. is obvious, it's my fault (but sqlalchemy did not log any
WARNING).
But No 2. - maybe sqlalchemy could know that True is "1" and False is
"0" because MySQL (the database to which I connect) treats its own
BOOL type as an alias to "TINYINT(1)"?

Cheers,
Boris