we've got plenty of MapperExtensions running.   i dont see how you
are getting mapper.extension to be your actual mapper, its supposed
to point to a container called ExtensionCarrier (unless, you are
saying mapper.extension = _MapExt().  not supported, unless you want
to provide a property-based patch for it).