On 09.10.2007 03:09 Graham Dumpleton wrote:
[...]
> their problems with consumption of resources may be getting
> exacerbated by mod_python's module reloading mechanism. In short, the
> engine object will be recreated every time the code file is changed
> and reloaded. If this doesn't automatically release the connections
> still in the pool, this may result any many pools being created, with
> older ones becoming unusable and just consuming resources.
>
> Even if the issues with the settings is more the problem, the module
> reloading could still make it worse of a problem depending on
> SQLAlchemy works. Thus OP should probably also move the creation of
> the engine out into a separate Python module somewhere on the
> PythonPath and not in the document tree. This way mod_python will not
> do reloading of it.

Hi,
thanks for the answer. I moved the engine creation and the table reflection
code in a separate package and now the number of opened connections stays at
the same level.  The module reloading of mod_python was what caused me trouble
(although in most circumstances it's the right thing if you don't want to
restart Apache every time you change some code).

Karl