Michael Bayer ha scritto:

> On Jan 28, 2008, at 6:03 AM, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> In this wiki page:
>> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ForeignKeyTriggers
>>
>> there is a recipe on how to add basic foreign key support to SQLite
>> using triggers.
>>
>> Is it possible to implement this recipe in SQLAlchemy?
>>
>> Some time ago I have tried to implement it, by adding support for
>> triggers in SQLAlchemy (so that they can be automatically
>> created/dropped) but I have abandoned the project because the
>> internals
>> of SQLAlchemy are unstable.
>

> we have ticket 903 http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/ticket/903  with a
> suggested way we'll be accomplishing this, a generic DDL() construct
> that associates with table/metadata creates/drops.  we just haven't
> decided on exact API details but comments are welcome.

Thanks.
I like the idea of custom events.

However, instead of having:
table.events['after-create'].append(run)

IMHO it is better an higher level:
table.add_event(phase, event_type, callable, *args, **kwargs)

Where phase is "create" or "drop" and event_type is "before" or "after".

(http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/internet/interfaces.py#L624)

Manlio Perillo