On May 21, 9:37 am, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> in_ is supported for column-based attributes.  If you are getting
> NotImplemented, that's beacuse "time_series" is referencing either a
> collection or a many-to-one object reference.  so SQL "IN" wouldn't
> work here.    For the many-to-one case, "IN" could be implemented in
> SQLA easily if the referenced object had a single-column primary key,
> but for a composite primary key we dont yet support the (x, y, z) IN
> ((a,b,c), (d,e,f)) syntax (not sure of DB support for that either).

Excellent.  Thanks very much.  I am using a single column key, so it
sounds like I could also make the key explicit, so will try something
like:

.filter(Measurement.time_series.id.in_([getattr(ts, 'id') for ts in
time_series]).

I may give that a go at some point because it seems more natural to me
that the "or" approach (which I may not understand completely) (for
now it's working via an explicit accumulation in a loop over the time
series members).

Cheers,
Andrew