On Jul 4, 2008, at 5:40 AM, Iwan wrote:

> OK, I've had a look at that code. Just to make sure I get it, would
> the following theoretically work?
>
> Assume I have a class, CC, which is smart enough to maintain a
> _singleton_ instance of a normal dict somewhere on the callstack. If
> you do CC.get_context(), it will always return that single dict.
> Assume also that CC.get_context_hash() returns id(CC.get_context())
>
> Then, what you're saying is that I can do:
>
> Session = scoped_session(sessionmaker(),
> scopefunc=CC.get_context_hash)
>
> And that's it? Does this make sense?

if get_context_hash returns a dict, thats specifically what would
*not* work since its not hashable.  The scopefunc's return value is
placed in a dict keyed against the appropriate Session, so its
anything that is actually hashable.   Any kind of hashable token that
identifies the scope you want (in this case a frame) will do.