On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:01:50 +0300
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > after the Query is long gone?
> if it is really gone/done, who should eager-load?

I assume that it would be possible to do it after the Query is gone, at
least in theory, since lazy-loaded attributes are able to trigger
eager-loads on attributes of their instances, even after the Query is
gone. So in essence I am trying to figure out if it's possible to add
the eagerload to an instance after-the-fact.

> u can setup eagerload'ing per query (or per declaration of relation,
> but that's too general) - query.options( ) - eagerload( prop) or
> contains_eager( prop), i'm not sure about the difference. but all
> this before the query is executed..
> but if u're asking about can u request eagerload(a.b.c.d), yes u can,
> it is eagerload_all(), see the docs.

Right, I would strongly prefer a solution that could be done after the
query, if it's possible. Hopefully my other replies provide a reasonable
rationale for wanting to do it this way :)

It may be the case that this is possible and there is simply no API in
SQLA to do it, in which case I'm not opposed to writing a patch to
implement it.

-Kyle