Actually, like I said, I tried it on my local config and it worked ok
as well! That's why I suspect some MySQL configuration issue but...
The only thing I have noticed is the default table format :
- InnoDB at home, it works
- MyISAM on the server, it fails (it creates InnoDB tables because I
ask him to do it in sqlalchemy)
But I don't really see why it would fail.

Posting my sqlalchemy code wouldn't be helpful (and it would be a
mess! :) ) because it is really a MySQL error... :(