phrrn...@googlemail.com wrote:

> Because of the problems with a Sybase SA backend on both python-sybase
> and pyodbc, I changed the poolclass to AssertionPool and found a bunch
> of unexpected (to me) situations where AssertionPool failed. Based on
> a casual examination of the code, it seems that one connection should
> be sufficient most of the tests (apart, of course, from the ones that
> test multiple connections). Is this assumption correct?

it should be true for most tests, however there's a lot of instrumentation
and such which have been added to the test suite since I last tried
getting things to run with the assertionpool so I can't say for sure if
this is the case.   As always you can easily get a baseline by running the
tests against sqlite.