Hi,

We are having problems efficiently setting the time zones for mysql
through sqlalchemy form clients in multiple timezones.

We first tried setting the timezone through an engine execute but this
results in not all queries having the timezone setting applied.  i.e.
eng.execute( "SET time_zone = 'Canada/East-Saskatchewan' " ).  I'm
assuming this has something to do with the connection pool.

We then tried setting the timezone on each new session we make.  This
seems to work but I think we have lot more set timezones than is
needed.

I was wondering if there us a way to set the timezone on the engine
(an hence all connections it may make with the db) so we only have to
set the timezone as little as possible?

Thanks