Hi guys,

I haven't been able to figure out how to work with sessions, threads
and a gui yet?  Can someone explain to me what the best practices are?

The main problem really is that for displaying data on a gui I need an
open session the entire time.  It seems as soon as I close a session
instance attributes become expired and are removed from the state
(this depends on prior commits, refreshes etc. though) and the rest of
my app looses access to that info.

I'm using postgres which doesn't allow any active connections during
table creation or removal, and I do a lot of that while my app is
running.  So that complicates the whole permanently active session for
the gui idea.

Also, if instances are attached to some session just for them to be
displayed on the gui it makes it hard for background threads to alter
their state and commit that back to the database.

I'm sure this is quite trivial, but I haven't been able to figure out
the best way to go about this yet.

Any advice?

Regards,
Christian