On Jun 30, 2009, at 12:09 AM, Vishakh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am modifying Alexander Houben's Sybase module in order to get
> SQLAlchemy working with Sybase Adaptive Server Enteprise. I am using
> Python 2.6, Pylons and Sybase OCS 12.5, with both mxODBC and pyodbc.
> So far, I have had some success with reflecting tables and issuing
> basic queries. However, when I filter my queries, integer values are
> quoted and this causes an error with Sybase since it doesn't support
> implicit conversions from varchar to int. Could you please tell me
> what change I would have to make in order to not quote integer values
> in my modified module?

SQLA doesn't quote values, it sends them along as bind parameters and
its up to the DBAPI to interpret them, which may involve rendering
them directly in the SQL statement with quoting (and also may
not).     So this issue would reside within the DBAPI in use.    Just
as a note, I made some attempts with the sybase dialect and I can say
that FreeTDS with sybase is not usable at all since it doesn't render
bind parameters correctly.   phrrn...@googlemail.com is also working
on a working ASE dialect so you might want to coordinate efforts.