Hi Michael,

the problem does not occur, when the autoincrement is set to True, so
your fix works correctly.
The problem of the generated id not being set only turned up again,
when I was experimenting with autoincrement=False (to fix the dialect
problem at table creation time) in conjunction with an execute_at-DDL
after the creation that re-enabled the autoincrement on the id
column.
So the fact, that the id was not correctly set on dependent instances
was actually quite logical because SQLA could not know about the
column being an autoincremented value. The autoincrement-option in the
SQLA-schema-defintion was set to False and SQLA will probably not
examine the database's metadata in order to find out which column is
autogenerated :-)

So to make a long story short: with autoincrement=True, the 0.6 branch
and  the fixed mysql dialect, everything works as expected.

Christian