Dnia 2009-10-08, czw o godzinie 13:49 +0200, Christoph Zwerschke pisze:

> By the way, you don't need to use a meta class in your example; you can
> simply set
>
>      manager = sqlalchemy.orm.relation(
>          'Employee', backref='subordinates', remote_side=Id)

I needed it for other stuff so I decided to put it there :).

Further debugging shows that this assignment:

SteveBallmer.subordinates = [CraigMundie]

causes the following:
a) calling append method of the backref extension
(GenericBackrefExtension) which appends SteveBallmer to
CraigMundie.manager (however strangely it sounds - it's not a
collection, is it?)

b) calling set method on the same extension, which:
* removes CraigMundie from BillGates.subordinates (which seems not to
work, because BillGates.subordinates still contains CraigMundie after
the assignment)
* appends CraigMundie to SteveBallmer.subordinates

So it seems that the first step in b) is somehow not performed
correctly.

regards,
Filip Zyzniewski
Tefnet