On Aug 21, 2010, at 3:04 PM, Ergo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry Michael i was unclear on this - i tested on 4 drivers:
>
> psycopg2,
> pg8000,
> mysql-python (1.2.3c1),
> oursql (0.9.2)
> mysql-connector (0.1.5)
>
> on pg drivers everything works fine, on both on them, every single
> mysql driver fails.
>
> the problem is solvable by passing passive_deletes=True, to my
> mappings, but as i understand - this is not a proper solution, and it
> raises question why it works on pg drivers without issue.

If you have ON DELETE CASCADE configured on foreign keys and we are talking
about a delete() that cascades to collections, its a good idea to have
passive_deletes=True since that will save on loading up rows that would be
automatically deleted anyway.   I can't quite work out in my head how you'd be
getting 0 rows deleted when it expects to delete N, but usually the difference
here is that you aren't using InnoDB on your MySQL tables, so you dont get the
nice FK behaviors every other DB gives you.   Just a hunch.