with_parent seems to add a join condition.  Is there a way to get at
the query object that would be rendered from a lazy load (or what
"subqueryload" would render on the subsequent load), but on a
transient object, if i supply the session?

even though not "recommended", can it make sqla believe my transient
object is detached by setting its state key?

There are reasons i do not want to add this to the session and
disabling autoflush would also cause problems.