On Friday, March 18, 2011, 8:59:04 PM, Michael Bayer wrote:

> there's a lot of detail missing there, what is the exact error
> message, what DB is this (sounds like SQL server).

The database used was IBM DB2 Express-C, i connect using a modified
version of ibm_db_sa adapted for SQLAchemy 0.6.x running on Jython
2.5.2. The application itself is a middleware server serving
approximately 200-250 active users every day.

I believe there is nothing wrong with the database itself since
previous version of the middleware, which was written in delphi,
proved running without problem for almost one year deployment. I did
sure this comes from my java code base, but it was quite difficult to
trace which routine causing this problem since it requires few days to
run before those problem arise.

> The best way is to use monitoring on the database to identify
> connections and/or transactions that have been opened for a long
> time. There are system views and such which provide this
> information.

Yes, DB2 does have those feature. However, it does not help much since
those number shown is biased because either actively used connection,
stale connection object (if any), and iddle connection kept in the
pool were also listed there.

--
Salam,

-Jaimy Azle

“+1 for stating fact: Perl is dead. Please
    don't bring it back” – Matt Joiner
“-1 for spreading FUD about perl. It's
    absolutely not dead.” – Daenyth
“+1 + -1 = 0, then, is perl a zombie?” – joaquin
    -- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3384385/python-3-2-gil-good-bad