what does the DBAPI, pyodbc, have to say here ?    When we use OUT parameters
with cx_oracle, cx_oracle has explicit support for OUT params, and SQLAlchemy
provides a special bind construct which works with it.   To my knowledge pyodbc
has no such feature.

SQL Server should support the construction of functions that have identical
calling styles as that of Postgresql, I'd look into building wrapper functions
around these outparam procedures that act the same as that of PG.   Since you
say you're looking for total parity between these two systems I'd assume PG is
using stored procedures as well.     Otherwise, these really aren't
"equivalent" schemas and you'd pretty much just code whatever hardcoded/raw SQL
thing you need for each case.