I've been trying to get SQLAlchemy to work with Google Cloud SQL but so far
I've only been met with frustration.  I'm using 0.7.9, but can not get
engine.connect() to force the OAuth request.  I logged a StackOverflow
issue with some details
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14224679/unable-to-connect-to-google-cloud-sql-on-development-server-using-sqlalchemy).

Has anyone had any success with connect to Google Cloud SQL from your
development workstation?  I can connect using the google_sql.py script, but
not from my own scripts.