Hello

I'm currently migrating a rather old application built with SQLAlchemy 0.6
and also an older cx_oracle to use SQLAlchemy 0.8 and cx_oracle 5.1.2.
The problem is, all queries with strings send unicode data to cx_oracle an
cx_oracle uses NVARCHAR2 to talk to the database. The table itself has
VARCHAR2 columns
and no SYS_OP_C2C() indexes. So full table scans are the result. What can I
do to enforce that cx_oracle doesn't bind with NVARCHAR2?
What I tried till now was

   - Forcing unicode conversion on engine leve -
   sa.create_engine(connect_url, convert_unicode=True)
   - encoding parameter = param = param.encode('utf8')

I found
this<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sqlalchemy/8Xn31vBfGKU/bAGLNKapvSMJ>
post,
but couldn't use it because all my table definitions are autoloaded.
What would you suggest?

Best regards
Tobias Bell