On 07/11/2014 14:14, Michael Bayer wrote:

session.connection().connection is the same connection that session.rollback()
will be referring towards.   though when you have that DBAPI connection (it is
in fact still wrapped by ConnectionFairy), you shouldn’t call commit() or
rollback() on that connection itself.

session.connection() doesn’t necessarily create a “new” connection, it returns
“the connection that this Session is currently using”, and if there isn’t one,
it creates it.

I don’t know your problem yet, you need to dig some more.   maybe try
StaticPool  / AssertionPool to narrow it down?

So, turns out the pandas.io.sql.read_frame in the version of pandas I'm using has a con.commit() in it. wtf?!

Guess I'll raise that as a bug in Pandas if they haven't fixed it in a subsequent release...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk