Hello all,

I have been attempting to figure out how to build the sqlite2 plugin for QT4.
I need to use V2 as I am working with files written by another program.  Here
is a synopsis of where I am at:

I am a relitive newbie to QT et al (but not programming in general). I managed
to downlaod/install/(build the debug files) for QT 4.2.2 open source. I found
Qdevelop (IDE) installed it got the two to play nice a did a few 'Hello World'
programs. (all on WinXP)

I then sat down and tried to write a simple program to access a SQLite V2
database (becasue that is what another software package writes to and I need to
work with those files). I read a bunch of the QT SQL library docs, wite a
simple program and QT tells me that the driver (qsqlite2) for SQLite V2 is not
available. So then I look up how to build the driver here:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/sql-driver.html, and basically says the following
(instruction for V3 same as V2):

On Windows:
cd %QTDIR%\src\plugins\sqldrivers\sqlite

qmake -o Makefile "INCLUDEPATH+=C:\SQLITE\INCLUDE"
"LIBS+=C:\SQLITE\LIB\SQLITE3.LIB" sqlite.pro

make

Looking at the readme in C:\Qt\4.2.2\src\plugins\sqldrivers\sqlite2 revealed
this:

"You will need the SQLite development headers and libraries installed
before compiling this plugin."

So, I take it that I need the SQLite V2 sources. OK, I figured out how to get
sqlite 2.8 downloaded from CVS. Now, that I have these sources how do I get
them in the form that QT wants in order to build the plugin? In other words,
the image of the files from CVS has no lib files or development headers (I
think I have that right).  I have done a lot of searching but have not come up
with anything. Can someone at least point me in the right direction. The
sources I got from CVS do not have any type of library file(s) (which I'm
guesing I need) Any help would be most appreciated.

Jeffrey T. Birt
Electronics Engineer
Integrated Systems Facility
University of Missouri - Rolla