On 9/17/2013 6:24 AM, Simon Slavin wrote:

Just a quick couple of things you didn't mention that might help.  You probably
already know about them but you mentioned ATTACH and didn't mention them so I
thought I might niggle you.

First, look into VIEWs.  You can save any SELECT as a VIEW, then consult it
like you would a table.  So if you have split your data up in separate tables,
and even separate databases using ATTACH, you can reunite it by defining a VIEW
that includes one or more JOINs.

Hmmm, I don't think this is correct.

I was under the impression that a view is limited to the tables in the db file where it resides, and have received error messages whenever I tried to access another file's tables.

Gerry Snyder