cfuttrup wrote:
> Thank you to all for the quality feedback.
>
> Thank you Greg for reminding me that Squeezelite can be disabled. I
> haven't thought about that. Presumably then the 'player' doesn't exist
> and doesn't show up in the list of players - which is what I want.
>
> About the UPS, some of us might feel we can just go in and fix a
> problem, if it shows up, but I much prefer no problems at all, hence the
> UPS. My feel for the USB based power supply to RPis is that they're a
> bit sensitive to connection failure. The trick is to shut down LMS
> nicely, but again without experience I am just assuming this is easily
> implemented with a script - most UPS's communicate over the I2C port. It
> will require a small (tiny) hack.
>
> Technically one wouldn't need a shutdown button, since pulling the plug
> will trigger the UPS to execute a soft shutdown... but if the UPS comes
> with a button, I'd accept and drill a hole in the case for it.
>
> I agree one could just keep the music collection on a NAS, but I also
> like the idea that with the server (with storage) and the player, one
> can bring these two devices to other places (family and friends,
> vacation homes, Hi-Fi show rooms). Just plug the devices in and connect
> over a simple network (a switch should do).
>
> I like the idea of two USB-pens and one of them as failover ... I guess
> this is the only part, which isn't straightforward in the current
> piCorePlayer-based server.
>
> Is there any way to manage your music collection on piCore'Server' ... ?
> ... I'm thinking about something user friendly, maybe GUI based?
>
> Best regards,
> Claus

Managing your collection. I assume you mean moving files, adding new
etc
You can easily install and enable Samba or if Windows use something like
WinSCP and don’t bother with Samba at all.

Moving locations. Yes easy as long as you know how to identify it’s new
IP on a Friends etc network. Ideally a server should have a static (DHCP
reserved IP) but obviously it will pick up a new one when it moves
around. If using a player as well on the same Pi then inside Squeezelite
settings set the connect to server as 127.0.0.1 (will always then try to
connect to the LMS running on the same Pi)

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng