On 30/04/11 20:12, J. Webster wrote:

How they interact is entirely up to you and your configuration.
The http_access lists are a full-blown boolean programming language with
hundreds of ACL permutations and paths you can configure.

It is perfectly possible to configure in a way where they don't
interact, BUT you need to configure that to happen.
Simply listing a check for NCSA auth then an external ACL check for
IP auth one after the other will case problems. Checking the client
subnet earlier on the access line can skip one or other auth test and
avoid a clash.
This config separation is possible for the external ACL vs auth_param
checks. Two auth_param types must combine and do the advert thing.

Do I need to do something in PHP/perl to make this work?
eg
auth_param basic program /bin/php your_script_location
How can the script check the ncsa password file? I think cheking the IP address
is probably the easier part

Both yes and no and no.
Yes to "something", any scripting or executable language can be used. Via *external_acl_type* (NOT auth_param).

<erased garbage javascript injection>

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1