On 22 Nov 2000 Phil Grimm wrote:
> Is it even reasonably possible? Any interest in this?

I'd be very interested in working on a news portal application (e.g.
jGuru) based on the Struts framework, if that made sense I'm already
committed to do something like this for our local Public Broadcasting
station.

For what I need to do first, some of the "prior art" would include

+ Jetspeed < http://jakarta.apache.org >
+ MetaDot < http://metadot.com/ >
+ myPortal < http://www.news.perl.org/my_portal/ >
+ phpNuke < http://phpnuke.org/ >
+ Zope < http://zope.org/ >
and (closed source)
+ Cold Java Portlet  <
http://coldjava.hypermart.net/servlets/portal.htm >

I had been thinking of using Jetspeed, but that would mean having to
wade through Turbine.

Do you know of any good "powered by Jetspeed" links?

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/