On 12/4/2000 at 2:50 PM Kevin Wang wrote:
> I did something similar in our project to handle "extended
properties",
which include "automatic properties" as a special case when not a
single
property (and methods) is defined in the ActionForm bean. I tried
extend
Struts as much as possible and had to only change BeanUtils in a
similar
fashion. Details at
http://archive.covalent.net/jakarta/struts-user/2000/11/0516.xml

For another suggested change to UtilBean regarding it's handing of
properties, see also

<
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg00380.html

Personally, I think Thor's interfaces <
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2000/jw-1201-struts.html > are
very elegant patches, and demonstrate why open source is so important.
We extend when we can, and patch when we can't (and then hope the
package accepts our patch later).

Any discussion on Thor's use of server-side regular expressions for
validation?

Does it contribute to some of the ideas covered in the recent "When do
we validate" thread. <
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg00765.html

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/