From: Yaman Kumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 10:40 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Need Urgent help

Hi,
I have a problem in using logic:equal tag given below
<logic:equal name="beaninstance" property="method" value="A" >
 DO SOME.
</logic:equal>
This code is working fine when it is not null. But when ever it {
beaninstance.getMethod() }
is becoming null, page is getting exception as below...

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot compare null variable to value A
        at org.apache.struts.taglib.template.GetTag.doStartTag(GetTag.java:193)
        at org.apache.jsp.HNCTemplate$jsp._jspService(HNCTemplate$jsp.java:317)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:202)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)

Can any one help me out in this, I tried to break this in logic:equal source
file..

TIA
rayaku