When you say struts complained...  Can you be a little more informative?
also, if you could paste in the relevant parts of the Struts-config.xml
it would be great...

Here are some of mine...

(Also, if you are using Struts 1.1, get the Struts-console...

<form-beans>
<form-bean name="drillDownReportForm"
type="com.ebind.twizard.reports.drillDownReportForm" />
</form-beans>

<action-mappings>

<action path="/drillDownReport" parameter=""
type="com.ebind.twizard.reports.drillDownReportAction"
name="drillDownReportForm" scope="request" validate="true"
input="/WEB-INF/jsp/twizard/reports/drilldown.jsp">
<set-property property="name" value="drillDownReportForm" />
<set-property property="scope" value="request" />
<forward name="continue" path="twizard.drilldown" redirect="false" />
<forward name="success_area" path="twizard.reportdisplay.area"
redirect="false" />
<forward name="success_group" path="twizard.reportdisplay.group"
redirect="false" />
</action>

<action path="/index" parameter="" unknown="true"
forward="twizard.mainmenu">
<forward name="success" path="twizard.mainmenu" redirect="false" />
</action>

<action path="/todo" parameter="" forward="twizard.todo" />
<action path="/login" parameter="" forward="global.login" />