I am new and still pondering whether to use Struts or not.

I am aware of the MVC pattern as a reason to use Struts but am curious to
know how it's funcitonality libraries and wrappers compare.  Does Struts
provide similar functionality to those libraries found in the Jakarta
commons libs?  Commons offers some pretty sweet stuff.

Does anyone use Commons/Jakarta taglibs along side of Struts .. or does
Struts intend to be a one-stop-shop sort of solution?

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html

Thanks.
Neal