Actually, this has nothing to do with Struts.

If your script is not setting fields (on parent, top, child, whatever)
correctly, then you cannot assume that it is a problem with Struts.

Struts picks up when the request comes in, anything before that is
outside the scope.

On the other hand however, there are a lot of people on this list with
JavaScript knowledge, but there are many more who would prefer that we
use [OT] to designate that this discussion is not related.

If you find that you are constantly dealing with JavaScript, perhaps
(assuming you are on windoze) you can download and use the
ScriptDebugger for IE.  It lets you step through JavaScript with or
without frames.

Good Luck!

--
James Mitchell
Web Developer/Struts Evangelist

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought
which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)